- You may not have, nor be the subject of, any criminal charges or restraining orders pending in any Federal Court in Seattle, the State of Washington, or any other State.
- Your conviction must not have been a class A felony or any other felony carrying a potential sentence of at least 20 years.
- Your conviction must not have been a felony sex offense.
- You must have spent 5 years living in the community without being convicted of any new criminal offenses, or 3 years in the case that your rights were revoked because of a misdemeanor conviction.
- You must not have a prior conviction that would have resulted in the loss of your right to possess firearms counted in your offender score.
- If your conviction was for a misdemeanor, you must have successfully completed every term and condition of each conviction.
If you meet these requirements then you may qualify to restore your gun rights in Washington state.
If you meet these requirements to clear your criminal record, your next step will be to file a petition with the court that revoked your firearm rights. This process varies from court to court, so it is in your best interest to speak with an attorney who is experienced with restoring gun rights in Washington state. At a minimum, the process will involve getting a full criminal background check, preparing and filing a motion and order, and getting a signed order from a judge. The expungement of a criminal record in Washington state may involve dealing with the prosecuting attorney’s office, appearing in court to argue the merits of your motion, and potentially even appealing the court's decision.
Once your rights are restored, we ensure that the Washington Criminal History Repository and FBI are updated so that you will be able to clear your criminal record and any future background check you may be asked to take.
At Findley & Rogers, we charge an affordable, flat rate for most of our services, so you always know in advance what you’ll be paying. There are no hidden fees and no endlessly-accumulating hourly bills. Your conversations with us are 100% confidential. We will work to resolve your issues both quickly and discreetly.
Call Findley & Rogers and Take Back Your Rights
Many people don’t realize that their lost rights can often be restored and that you can clear your criminal record. Don’t let a mistake from your past keep you from exercising your constitutional rights and enjoying the full benefits that come with a clean record.
To restore Washington State gun rights or expunge your Washington State criminal record, get in touch with the qualified, passionate attorneys at Findley & Rogers.
Contact Us Today