Sealing Juvenile Records in Washington State

Move on From Your Past Mistakes & Expunge Your Juvenile Record in Washington State!
Contact Findley & Rogers to Learn More

Don’t let mistakes you made as a juvenile hold you back from the future you want. Expunging your juvenile records in Washington State prevents the public from being able to view your past convictions. Unlike sealing an adult record, a juvenile record is expunged — or vacated and cleared — before being sealed. Want to learn more about how juvenile record expungement could help you? Contact our experienced attorneys today to discuss how you can start over with your life.

How is Sealing a Record Different Than Juvenile Record Expungement?

Sealing juvenile records in Washington State can occur as long as a sufficient amount of time has passed without a new conviction. When a court seals a juvenile record, it also vacates your conviction, meaning your conviction is actually removed, and then the record is sealed. Even if you have been convicted of another charge as an adult or a juvenile, there is still a very good chance that a court will agree to move forward with your juvenile record expungement in Washington state.

Requirements to Seal a Juvenile Record

For most crimes, you must wait 2 years from your release — or your sentencing date in non-detention situations — before applying to have your record sealed. For Class A Felonies, you must wait 5 years. In addition, you must have paid off all court-ordered restitution owed to an individual; you must not be required to register as a sex offender; and you must have no additional proceeding criminal actions against you to expunge your record in Washington State.

Let Findley & Rogers Help You Start Over

Navigating the legal system can be difficult — the attorneys at Findley & Rogers help you through it. Stop letting choices made as a juvenile affect your future as an adult. Contact us today for a free consultation about how to seal your juvenile record in Washington State!


  • MM slash DD slash YYYY

About Findley & Rogers

Since 2010 our attorneys, Corey Rogers and Fletcher Findley, have helped people across Washington expunge their criminal records and regain their firearm rights. From appealing FBI-NICS denials to sealing juvenile records in Washington State and ending your sex offender registration requirements, our experienced team can help you move on from past mistakes towards a brighter future. For almost all of our clients' cases, we charge an affordable, flat-rate (without the hidden fees or endlessly-accumulating billing hours) so you know in advance what you’ll be paying. With years of experience helping clients navigate the Washington state legal system, our attorneys are often able to resolve cases without our clients ever having to set foot in court.

Sealing Juvenile Records FAQ

Ready to get started? Contact us for a free consultation!