I have to say I would HIGHLY recommend Findley & Rogers firm ...
Fletcher Findley is an amazing lawyer, my husband ...
Fletcher Findley helped me restore my firearm rights. It took less ...
THANK you guys so much! this place took the time to explain ...
Best decision I ever made! Maybe you could go about ...
I am very impressed by how swift the process to restore my gun rights ...
These guys were great! They responded to my calls and emails quickly ...
I hired these guys they said it could take up 60 days to ...
Corey was professional and quickly worked to restore ...
Gun Rights Lawyers for Concealed Pistol Licenses
Firearm Rights Attorneys
Gun rights lawyers agree: If you own a gun, or intend to own one, it’s a good idea to get a concealed firearm license. A concealed pistol license can help protect you from being charged with and convicted of crimes in Washington State that you may not have known were illegal
A concealed firearm license can protect you from criminal charges in numerous situations. For instance, without a concealed weapon license it is a crime to keep a loaded gun in your car. If you carry a gun on your person and don’t have a license, you can be convicted of a crime if others feel your weapon is threatening them.
How to Obtain a Concealed Weapon License
In theory, getting a concealed weapon license in Washington is straightforward. However, it can get a lot more complicated if something shows up on your background check. That’s when you need the gun rights lawyers at Findley & Rogers.
If you have been denied a concealed weapon license the law enforcement agency that you applied through is obligated to inform you why you were denied. Our firearm rights attorneys frequently assist people in appealing their denials in several ways.
First we confirm that the reason for your denial is both legal and legitimate, then we take any possible steps to remove the disqualifying issue from your records. Finally, we will file a case in the appropriate court to contest the law enforcement agency’s improper decision.
Our experienced gun rights lawyers regularly:
The first step in acquiring a concealed weapon license is to ensure that you fulfill several qualifications:
There are many eligibility requirements for a concealed weapon license. At Findley & Rogers, we’ll walk you through the entire list or requirements including having:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
- You must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm by a court.
- You must not have warrants for your arrest.
- You must not have ever been found to be mentally incompetent, or committed to a mental institute.
- You must have no felony convictions on your record. (This does not include felony convictions that have been vacated.)
- You must not have been found to be addicted to, or illegally used, any controlled substances within 12 months.
- You must not have been dishonorably discharged from the military.
- You must not have violated Washington’s firearm laws 3 or more times in any 5 year period.
- You must not be bound by a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening a family member.
- You must never have been convicted of assaulting, coercing, stalking, recklessly endangering, violating a no-contact order, or trespassing in the first degree against anyone in your family.
- You must never have renounced your U.S. Citizenship.
- You must have no criminal charges pending that would prohibit you from obtaining the license if you were convicted.
If you meet all of the above requirements, the State of Washington is obligated to provide you with a concealed pistol license when you apply for one in accordance with Washington Law. To apply you will need:
- A valid government issued photo identification, such as a Driver’s License, or other proof that you have resided in Washington State for at least 90 days.
- A non-refundable fee that may vary depending on your County. You should contact the agency where you plan to apply to determine what this fee currently is and what forms of payment are acceptable.
- A military ID if you are in the military as well as orders that include your station location.
Let Findley & Rogers Help You Get Your Concealed Pistol License
As firearm rights attorneys in Washington State, we can help fix problematic issues with your background check and appeal denials for a firearm purchase or a concealed weapon license application.
We can also help you clear your criminal record by vacating past convictions or sealing your record from the public. As dedicated gun rights lawyers, we believe in restoring your rights and access to firearms.
Contact us today for a free consultation.