Residents of Tacoma: Gun Rights Restoration in WA
Have you lost your right to possess a firearm? Are you living in Tacoma? Gun rights can be restored in most cases! The team at Findley & Rogers can help you do it.
What Requirements Do I Have to Meet?
Restoring your firearm rights in Washington requires you to do the following:
- Allow 3 to 10 years to pass since your conviction.
- If your cases involved domestic violence you must pay all your court fines and restitution, and complete your community service, and any other sentence requirements.
- Class A felonies and sex offenses are not eligible.
What’s the Benefit of Hiring an Attorney? Can’t I Do It Myself?
It’s true that you’re not legally mandated to hire an attorney for this. You could try and do it yourself here in Tacoma. Gun rights restoration is a civil process, so there’s no trial or anything like that.
Here are the three reasons why we think hiring an attorney is a smart decision:
- You can save money. Hiring an attorney costs money, yes, but so does making mistakes in the legal process when you’re handling things yourself. You could end up failing and having to start over, which means paying the court filing fee again, and that’s hundreds of dollars all by itself.
- You can save time. All of that legal research and paperwork takes a lot of time because you start out from scratch. First, you have to learn what’s involved. Then you have to figure out how to do everything right and actually do it. Even if you succeed on your first try, it takes many hours of hard work to get there.
- You can avoid a whole lot of hassle. The legal system is not user-friendly, especially here in a city like Tacoma. Gun rights can only be restored if you follow the proper legal protocol, and the legal system is notoriously difficult, obscure, and precise. By leaving the heavy lifting to our experienced attorneys at Findley & Rogers, you don’t have to worry about any of that.
Take Back Your Gun Rights: Call Findley & Rogers
Lots of folks have an old felony conviction. In most cases, this doesn’t mean you have to go without your firearm rights forever. If you meet the legal requirements for getting your rights restored, we can help you get through the legal steps to make it happen!
Contact Findley & Rogers today for a free consultation and to discuss getting your gun rights restored right here in Tacoma. Gun rights restoration is what we do best, and we have a great track record of success and affordable rates.
Let Us Help with These Issues, Too
We’d also be glad to help you out with these related legal services: