A criminal history can seriously limit your life in Snohomish County! Expunge your criminal record today by enlisting the experienced attorneys at the law offices of Findley & Rogers. We have a proven track record of helping people clear old convictions. We can help you with:
- Snohomish County arrest records.
- Snohomish County criminal records.
- Snohomish County charges that were dropped, dismissed, or resulted in no conviction.
Explore our Vacating Criminal Convictions page if you’d like to understand the process better or read on to learn more about the value of expunging your Snohomish County arrest records or other negative legal records in Snohomish County.
The Hidden Costs of Having a Conviction on Your Record
A prior criminal conviction holds you back from a variety of everyday tasks and accomplishments from rental housing, to obtaining a bank loan, to securing a good job. Many loan and application officers run a background check on you and, inevitably, discover your past conviction. Usually, you will either be rejected or put at a major disadvantage against other applicants. This can really complicate life in Snohomish County. Expungement, however, resolves all of these problems.
A conviction severely hurts your reputation in your community. People don’t like having a “criminal” around. It doesn’t matter if your offense was a long time ago and you’ve long since learned your lesson and become a better person. It doesn’t matter if you were arrested but never charged: Your Snohomish County arrest records are still there.
Thankfully, expungement lets you put the past behind you. At Findley & Rogers, we can handle the paperwork and bureaucratic red tape to help you tell Snohomish County: “Expunge my record!” once and for all.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for Expungement?
Expungement, technically known as “vacating” items from your criminal record, such as any Snohomish County criminal records, arrest records, or other adverse legal actions, can help to clear those items from your record.
- These items don’t truly go away, but they stop being reported and will no longer show up on background checks—and you can legally claim that you were never convicted if a conviction has been successfully expunged. You may be able to further protect your reputation by “sealing” your adult or juvenile criminal record, which our legal team can also help you with.
If you live in Snohomish County, expungement of your criminal record requires several major conditions to be met:
- The conviction cannot be a Class A felony or a serious violent crime against another person. You can’t expunge those unless you were convicted as a juvenile.
- You must complete all of your court mandates. If you were ordered to pay restitution, perform community service, or complete a period of probation, or anything else, you must have complied with all of these requirements.
- Lastly, you must successfully complete a waiting period ranging from three to 10 years (depending on the circumstances of your case) without any new criminal convictions, and you must not have any new charges pending.
If you fulfill these requirements, then there is a good chance you can expunge your Snohomish County arrest records, criminal records, and other adverse legal items.
What About Gun Rights? Does Expunging Your Record Restore Them?
Sadly, clearing your criminal record in Snohomish County, or any Washington county for that matter, does not restore your gun rights. If you have lost your right to possess a firearm, you must fulfill the requirements laid out in RCW 9.41.040, the Washington State law that covers the possession of firearms.
At Findley & Rogers, we can help you restore your gun rights in many different situations, and there are ways to use the law in your favor to make it happen. Expunging your Snohomish County arrest records and other adverse legal black marks on your record can be an important first step.
Check out our Firearm Rights Restoration page to learn more.
Residents of Snohomish County, Clear Your Criminal Record Today!
Living with a criminal conviction can be a serious hindrance to your ability to earn a living.
At Findley & Rogers, we can help turn your past legal convictions to your advantage. If you meet the eligibility requirements for expunging old Snohomish County criminal records, arrest records, and other negative items on your record, we can guide you through the legal process to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
If you live in Snohomish County, expunge your record today. Contact us for a free consultation.